Many still ask me if there is an easy way to
accurately fix baseboard alignment pins.
If you are using thin ply, say 4 or 5mm for
your baseboards, here is the easy way.
1. Place baseboards on flat surface and
temporarily screw them together in the correct alignment.
2. Drill 3/16" alignment holes through both
3. Using a hole cutter, drill out the pilot
holes using a hole cutter to 28/30 mm diameter.
4. Screw the mould makers pins onto short
lengths of 2" X 1" timber. (6" should suffice). Do not forget to drill a
clearance hole behind the female plate to allow the pin to enter.
5. Assemble the blocks with mould makers pins
through the clearance holes and glue in with 3 minute epoxy.
6. Separate the baseboards and firmly screw
on the 2" x 1" blocks
And there you have it.